[quote]andrew wrote:
[b]
Quote:
darin wrote:
Quote:
andrew wrote:
Quote:
darin wrote:
even though they are the ones on the ground in pain.
I think you missunderstood the situation. These uke were out to prove a point, trying to make me look bad. But don't worry. Nobody was hurt. I just applied the locks and throws a little harder than usual.
No,no. I've been there too. But they're often right as well as contradicting what you already know is right.
Pardon me if I was wrong, but I assumed you were referring to teachers here rather than uppity self-important students. ( I trained with a high dan grade once who was terrible for doing this, only you couldn't down him. Terrrrriffic class though..)
I find annoying the phenomenon of the student who goes to a seminar, ignores the teacher, and then tells you you're wrong because they learned the "right" way and there's no point in paying attention to some guy just because he's a visiting shihan from Hombu, for example.
andrew.
Glad to hear I am not the only one. Yes I was referring to teachers, not students, who openly criticise your style and try to prove it by making your training misserable. The ones on a power trip.

I don't think one style is better than another. It comes down to the person. That instructor you are referring to probably doesn't realize that it isn't his style that makes his techniques effective but his talent and experience.

I think people who go to seminars to try to prove something are wasting their money and time.