View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #293
RonRagusa
Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
United_States
Re: "The goal is not to throw"

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
I sincerely hope that you are never in a situation where someone seriously wants to cause you harm, because there will be no cooperative practice in that instance and your definition of Aikido will be of no help to you.
No offence Marc, but with regard to Mary's ability to defend herself, you are totally clueless. She researched, studied and taught self defense, apart from her Aikido training, for 15 years. I would not like to be on the opposite side of her in a confrontation.

You, and others, continually equate cooperative practice with weakness. This is incorrect. You, and others, equate cooperative practice with the absence of resistance.This is incorrect. The fact is that by continuing to assert these beliefs you, and others, punctuate your misunderstanding of the nature of cooperative practice.

As incorrect as I think your views are of what cooperative practice entails, I welcome your posts here on AikiWeb. Reading and studying the views of people with whom I disagree allows me to reassess my own ideas and training methods on a continual basis. This can, in the long run (though at 64, perhaps long sprint might be more appropriate ), only be of benefit to me.

Keep training and enjoy,

Ron