View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
RED
United_States
Re: Looking for first hakama - help, please!

Quote:
Anita Dacanay wrote: View Post
Wow, that is all very helpful, everyone. Thank you so much. Ashley, the hakama is for Aikido only. Thanks for your input on the Bu Jin cut; now I don't feel so bad about missing out. David, I looked at the Nine Circles stuff and it is very affordable. So I think I have a few good choices now. I just have to wait for my paycheck so that I can order one!

Thank you for the sizing info, Maggie. I was originally going to go for the size 24, because I am actually a little over 5'4" and my waist sits very high on my frame. I know everyone says to tie your belt below the waist, but in my experience if I don't tie it close to the smallest part of my waist, it just rides up there anyway as soon as I take a roll, and then my top falls open. In any event, now I'm thinking maybe I should get the 23, because apparently we are long lost twins as we have the same measurements! (I also have a 30" waist and I think we wear the same bra size, if I correctly recall a recent post about sports bras! lol)

I'll let you all know what I get and how I like it... and how long it takes for me to figure how to tie the darn thing.
Men should tie it just above the hips...women should tie it at the smallest part of their waist. Don't get it too long though. You'll step on the thing when taking forward rolls and fall on your face lol

MM