Eric Novak (Bogeyman) wrote:
Hi all. I have been thinking about knife takeaways lately and it occurred to me that I have been shown three different philosophies on what to do with the knife.
1. Knock the knife out of ukes hand immediately.
2. Take the knife away as soon as possible during the technique.
3. Take the knife away during the pin.
I can see advantages and disadvantages to each method and was looking into input from others. Thanks.
1. Try like everything to avoid the situation. If that fails, refer to #2.
2. If necessary, kick the knife away from the attacker's lifeless fingers after putting two .45 hollow points or a load of #4 buckshot in his chest.