View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 12:53 AM   #55
kironin

Dojo: Houston Ki Aikido
United_States
Ki Symbol

Quote:
Erik Haselhofer (Erik) wrote:
Well, to be honest, I was inclined to go after Ted on that one, but he's a nice guy, and the title speaks for itself. Based on the title of the chapter it's pretty clear that Koichi Tohei doesn't know (at least when he, or his writer, wrote that book) a damn thing about golf.
Actually, I think it's more an indication of what a shoddy translation was done on that book in the late 70's. It does not appear that a native English speaker edited the book at all post-translation.

I don't know how much he knows about baseball, but he apparently was a big help to at least one famous Japanese baseball player.

All this was pre-internet though.

As far as Jaimie goes, the website is a bit hard to swallow but it is hardly the downfall of aikido. I wish her the best on pursuing a living doing her two passions.

As someone who had a golf fanatic for a Dad and started golf when I was 7, I do think that Ki principles/Aikido movements can be very beneficial for golfers. Unfortunately for Jamie there already is a very good training system in golf that has a lot in common with Aikido and use of the Japanese sword and the language is a lot clearer and more direct.

http://www.gravitygolf.net/system.htm

Craig