View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Andy Kazama

Dojo: Aikido South
United_States
Re: XX's and OO's from Atlanta

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
I would disagree that all that any model of internal strength takes is focused intent. There is a skill component of intent that needs to 1) be learned/felt 2) grown and conditioned over time. There is also a raw physical conditioning component that needs to be trained alongside the focused intent piece that works together to rewire the body to carry itself and respond to outside forces differently.
Hi Budd,
I agree with what you are saying. I could have worded that much better. I guess what I meant to say is that Intent (the use of the dantien to balance opposing forces) is by far the most important piece of the puzzle. I can sit in my car and work on IP by using intent, but I agree you should probably get on a mat and do some work as well. Luckily, I am not in the same boat as some of the other poor saps in ATL who are possibly still sitting in their cars 24+ hours after our 2" winter storm... Thanks for the clarification.

Aikido South
(Facebook Page)
The basic fundamentals, refined to perfection, are your most advanced techniques.
-Bill Koll (1923-2003)