View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 01:35 AM   #64
grondahl
Dojo: Stockholms Aikidoklubb
Sweden
Re: iwama note, censored?

Quote:
Edward Karaa wrote: View Post
This is kind of off topic, but just in response to the guys who believe Takemusu people are the innocent ones. I have previoulsy trained as a visitor at 3 Iwama style dojos, while Saito sensei was still alive. The 3 teachers I've met didn't know eachother, but they had one thing in common, hatred of Kisshomaru Ueshiba. I cannot tell you how many times I heard the name of the second doshu mentioned in a very demeaning way by the instructors. The funny thing was that my technique was much better than their own students, even though I came from the lowly aikikai who got all the techniques wrong under the influence of that ingrateful Kisshomaru Ueshiba. So it seems to me that Takemusu aikido was and still initially based on hatred towards aikikai rather than differences in teaching.
Intresting, wich Takemusu associations would that be? Since both the Takemusu Aikido Acc in USA and the Takemusu Aikido Kyokai in europe is affiliated to Aikikai. And my impression is that also the "Iwama group" in CAA also maintains strong links to the Aikikai.