View Single Post
Old 11-30-2001, 03:13 PM   #24
Abasan
Dojo: Aiki Shoshinkan, Aiki Kenkyukai
Malaysia
Wow.. interesting stuff. Ranz, outside my dojo a guy teaches niajia although he pronounced it more like nojo. He said he used to practice aikido until he found this art which he says is much better and more practical. They do a lot of breathing and forceful exhalation as well as movements similar to qi gong. Otherwise I don't see much of anything spectacular going about. Still, ppl I know who practice qi gong can bend spoons as easily as uri gellar can. I guess its a great party trick.

As for Thalib, yeah. You indonesians are famous for the mystical silat and its variations. Here in Malaysia we have those as well like flying daggers and all, but they are rare. The invicibility of some has been seen but only against edged weapons. Never against bullets (some of them found to their dismay and demise ) btw, i wrote sensei hakim an email, thanks for giving it to me.

As for the mind, it is said that if you can command the mind, you can command the mountain. Interprete as you will. As long as the sceptics are happy thats fine. But I believe, and if i have a chance to learn these stuff I would. Cause I can't afford smart homes, and telepathy/telekinesis would be great. And if i could teleport/fly then i won't have to buy a car/get stuck in jams or buy a flight ticket ever again!

Till then, Peter as usual is right. We have yet to fully command our bodies, much more our minds. Lets all enjoy aikido and do proper techniques and leave the feats to the pros, ripleys and the movies. Btw, as a result of watching remo, I used to stab my fingers at walls as a child. Now I have fingers as hard as adamatium which can go through a single sheet of paper like hot knife through butter!

Draw strength from stillness. Learn to act without acting. And never underestimate a samurai cat.