View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
DH
United_States
Re: More Seagal on YouTube

Quote:
I think the main point is that a little kid saw something which had a lasting impression on him…period.
Seems to be a lot of negative speculation and wasted energy IMO.

Oh I think it''s way more interesting than writing it off at that. Actually I find the idea fascinating. Assuming he was telling the truth -there might be some interesting stories behind what went on.
He was living in California at that time. And one source says he started aikido at age 7 under Kobayashi! there is one possible source.
In the 50's there just weren't allot of Aikido old men around. It narrows the field considerably. Even if a little boys eyes considered 40 yr old -old. Who could it have been. Again we're not talking about a teacher. There were supposedly several Uke? Who would those people have been. It was such a very small community that someone is sure to know about it. I'm sure someone trains or knows someone who trains with Seagal who can get a location, (and whether it was a football or baseball) for that event. From there there will be someone who knows or trains with the men who would have been there demonstrating. It would be a noteworthy and milestone event in Aikido history for several reasons I can think of.

Last edited by DH : 05-22-2008 at 10:16 AM.