View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #19
Victoria Pitt
Dojo: Shinjinkai, Chicago, IL
United_States
Re: My gi makes me look fat.

Quote:
I don't think we need to get into "deep esoteric thoughts about the universe" to see you are judging yourself (about looking fat in your gi) and that judgement is a manifestation of ones ego.
Here we go with the yoda stuff. . -which I respect your decision to train that way and view that way, but be careful not to project on other people your way. You way isn't the only way or even the "right way". It is the "right way" for you.

If you want to get into semantics, then everything one does in a day has to do with the ego- are my clothes clean? Did I get done today the tasks that I was supposed to? Did I make sure to be kind and courteous to everyone I encountered today? Breathing is ego as that you are concerned with intake of air in order to survive. If I wanted to, I could go deep into mumbo-jumbo that will leave everyone here so confused, yet sound so valid I must be a Bodhisattva come to life (which, when you think about it, even being selfless is having an ego as that to give someone something is still acknowledgment that you have something to give)!

I said "my gi makes me look fat". It was nothing deeper than that. It was an observation, and frankly I thought amusing. It does not affect the intensity of my training, willingness to learn, or respect I have for the sport.

I will however, make a joke at my, or your expense (if I know you have a sense of humor) because life is so goddamn serious.

That is half the reason why posting on here scares me; you have to be careful what you say as that people then tend to put too much thought an import on it (which, is to have an opinion on it, especially somewhat self righteous, having an ego?) Some of us are here because we like to have fun and learn. No more. No less.

~Do one thing each day that scares you...~