View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 06:10 AM   #30
DH
United_States
Re: Using Daito-Ryu's Aiki Without Harm

Chhi'mèd
Thank you for the expanded and finally forthright explanation of your views. I'll not be lengthy as I feel any single word or phrase will be turned on it's head to fit into your opinions of how I supposedly feel. Curiously I find that they do not express my views at all.

The issue of levels of violence and not causing harm has been addressed.
The issue of me only advocating training with me is simply hilarious. In this short exchange where the thread was highjacked, then rightfully split off from its original intent and I responded- I chose to respond and discuss my methods for fighting with these skills. Since I don't know anyone else's method-it makes sense that I was discussing my approach. This is not to be confused with training these skills.

Where those are concerned, you apparently missed all the many posts where I advocated training with not only Mike and Ark, but any and everyone who can help, Then making your training your own. Consistent with that internet dialogue-there is no one who trains with me who has not been advised to get out and meet-not in any order- MIke, Ark and Rob, Howard, several Chen Taiji teachers and certain DR teachers...and on another note to go to various dojo and gyms to train then comparing notes and find the best training-FOR THEM. This is something which others have stated-on the net- that I repeatedly say to them as well when they come to train here. And it is nothing new to anyone who has known me for many years. I have been rather insistent upon it long before you ever heard my name.
Curiously, I find myself surrounded by people who have done that very thing. Coincidence maybe?
Internet speak, and investiture in an argument for argument sake cannot change something which is just ...simply true. Those who enjoy word games, and clever turns of phrase to make a point do not alter many years of personal interactions and consistent action.
The rest of your post seems to take me to task for confusing you with the group of people who haven't gotten out themselves. Since you admittedly chose to enter the discussion obliquely and disguise your experience and opinions, I'll let my comments stand and I take me leave of the discussion with you.

Last edited by DH : 07-09-2008 at 06:14 AM.