View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #30
Jorge Garcia
Dojo: Shudokan School of Aikido
Re: ?? Exaggeration in Aikido ??

I stand by what I said. It doesn't matter how "hardcore" the dojo is. Jujitsu didn't beat karate. The jujitsu guy beat the karate guy. If I am wrong about that, then you are claiming that this particular jujitsu guy can defeat any karate practitioner in the world. You couldn't convince me of that. I know that there is a karate man somewhere in the world who can defeat the jujitsu guy and if he did, it wouldn't mean that karate beats jujitsu. It would only mean that the karate guy was better at fighting than the jujitsu guy. The method doesn't make the man-the man makes the method. As for your comment on "bullshit Aikido". The Founder of Aikido figured out a long time ago that the very reason to take the way of peace is because there is no ultimate victory in fighting, boasting, and challenging each other into contests to see who is better. I'm not in Aikido because I believe Aikido can defeat jujitsu or any other art. I am in Aikido because Aikido isn't interested in fighting other arts and it shows me how to be strong without fighting. To quote my teacher, "The strength of Aikido is in embracing others."
Regards,

"It is the philosophy that gives meaning to the method of training."