View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #51
DH
United_States
Re: Terms: I.S., I.P., Neijin, Fajin, Aiki, etc.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
I do understand him thank you.

You carry on trying.

Regards.G.
Well, this is where the rubber meets the road, Graham.
It's where serious and learned people start to approach the subject with some trepidation instead of hubris, as you can called out on your level of understanding. If you claim to understand him, then you are able to demonstrate his power....on the spot. People would know you and flock to you as you could not hide it.
It doesn't bode well for people to be making claims of "understanding Ueshiba" when they:
1. Cant even read what he actually said (that pretty much disqualifies most budo-ka).
2. They cannot do what he did (no measurable displays of unusual power and aiki).
3. They are visibly unable to effectively wield a weapon correctly.

Those three alone are pretty embarassing for folks making such claims, particularly these days; if they have a dojo and are on you tube and people know them as "just average," it makes it sound very much like it's all in their own hopeful imagination.

He was a tested and proven legend, with weapons and without.
People I have met who "claim" to understand him are...legends...in their own minds.

Most Budo people I know are not so cavalier in their comments. I would be a bit more..well, a lot more... cautious, were I you.
Dan

Last edited by DH : 07-09-2011 at 06:37 PM.