View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #352
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote:
You still don't get it... that's why we're talking about BASELINE skills... based on CORE principles which are the same whether it is applied statically or dynamically...
Statics and dynamics are not remotely the same things, a point drilled home to generations of pilots and winter drivers on ice...
Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote:
Thanks, but no thanks... I prefer not to wallow in mediocrity... nor do I expect that of the people that expect me to show them what Aikido is... should be and can be.
Thanks for that. You cannot describe the "thing" you seek and yet you will presume to tell others what it is and where to seek it. By what map? And by what warrant? If not in the traditional way, what other? By your own admission, you are uncertain.

You may have failed to take what traditional aikido training offers, but "it" is there in the traditional training if you approach it without preconceptions. You may choose to disbelieve me in what I tell you, in which you are again substituting your presumption of fact for my report of it. That and a distinct lack of trust, when I have given no cause for distrust That is a pattern to note, psychologically speaking. Both you and Mike share it. Get beyond it and take things on their own terms, not yours. Uke waza.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.