View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #21
G DiPierro
United_States
Re: Giancarlo DiPierro's Ranks/Qualifications?

Quote:
John Riggs wrote: View Post
Ah, the website is showing no aikido classes open to the public. That seems to happen when the volume goes up. He pulled his stuff off a while back when pressed.
Actually, it has nothing to do with the volume, which initially started going up above its normal level back on 10-19. The reason I made the update is because I mentioned it on the other thread. In fact, for most of the past year my website looked more or less the way it does now, with no aikido classes open to the public. A few months ago, one of my former aikido students asked if he could resume training, and since I had access to a nice dojo, I agreed and even started advertising public classes again via the website to see if there was any other interest. However, after about a month he got busy with other things and dropped out again. I just never got around to changing it back.

At this point I suspect that this aikido dojo will be permanently closed within the next six months to year, and that I will no longer be in Lancaster. I never expected to be here this long but when I was asked to teach a class here back in 2003, I thought there was enough interest to try to build a dojo, and I wanted to give that a fair chance to succeed. Overall, I think it was a productive enough experience, both for myself and for my students, although I am a bit disappointed that there will probably be no aikido dojo here after I leave. Sometimes some things just aren't meant to be, though.