View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 09:25 PM   #1195
Neil Mick
Dojo: Aikido of Santa Cruz
Quote:
Daniel Rozenbaum (DanielR) wrote:
No lights-punch-out'ing was intended.

I won't "bring it on". Again, I have no interest in this line of argument, I consider this link-throwing pointless. I have already conceded that there are all kinds of influences on the media, which translate into influence on media consumers.
I like this term "media consumers." It evokes an aspect of the media often ignored...that news shows are merely that...primarily designed for infotainment-consumption. Very good.

But, no problem about not wanting to pursue this "line of argument." It interests me: but I have no agendas to "win," and if you prefer, we can just drop the point.
Quote:
I continue to maintain that a reasonable person will always question what s/he is being fed by the media (including FAIR), and take reasonable effort to obtain as balanced a picture as possible by looking for additional sources of information and expert opinions on the subject of interest.
If only this were so, of the population in general. But, if you consider the number of ppl in the US who swallowed the media-driven

"anti-war=anti-American" pablum, then I come to the uncomfortable conclusion that most of us are not "reasonable ppl."
Quote:
In any case, I have somehow managed to maintain a non-black-and-white view of the issue, without any secret know-how.
I have always enjoyed our discussions, Daniel: even when we hold polar-opposite opinions. It never descends into name-calling, and that in itself makes me value the exchange, more.