View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #308
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: Genshoku no Gyo

Quote:
Doug Walker wrote: View Post
I, for one, would really like to see Ellis' questions addressed.
Hi Doug,

Sorry, I was actually answering private AikiWeb messages until around 4:00 this morning. I got sidetracked by another thread, here and as I am working today have just now had the chance to chime back in here.

So with regards to your request. I have two things to say

1. I already answered Ellis, but chose to do so ...PRIVATELY!

2. In the case that you wanted any of your own questions answered, please go ahead and ...ASK THEM!

OK -- back from my regularly scheduled sarcasm... No, seriously, Doug, Ellis's questions were great, and truly do deserve a full answer. However with questions as important as these, about a subject as important as this, there are some points that I just don't want to make a statement about until I check my facts for accuracy and completeness. I gave a fairly detailed account of my thoughts to Ellis already, noting where the gaps in my information were. He also gave me some things to chew on, too. I need to take his points into account and then arrange my thoughts into intelligent questions which then need to be forwarded up through the proper channels, (which in this case is at least two, or three different sources) after being translated into Japanese, of course and that is only when there is an opportunity to do so. Then there is the wait for a answer to come back down the line, the time it takes for translation back into English all before it gets forwarded back to me to break down and edit, polish into cogent responses to the original questions plus the time it takes to type it up and post it here on AikiWeb... I mean I wish I could just pick up a phone, or send a text message, but it just doesn't work that way in certain circles when it comes to certain individuals. No matter how some things may change most things remain the same... Can ya feel me?

Sometimes things derail the process so there is a chance that the answers will not come. However, I will be sure to post a reply once something comes across the wire. If that doesn't happen. I may just have to post some of what I know combined with what I feel might best answer the questions for the public's consumption. I hope you can be sympathetic to my position. In any case I do feel that this is one of the single most important issues to come up in a long time because there is so much related background material that people would find truly fascinating. I know I did, and it changed my thoughts and practice considerably for more than a decade. For those who are interested, we did an article back in the old Off the Mat, publication (circa-1994) entitled, Eating Aikido that is a great place to start if you can find a copy. The interview is somewhere on the web, I believe, but if not, perhaps I can scan it and post a link to it.

For anyone interested...
The above process is why we chose to stop publishing the old Tenshin Dojo Newsletter, Off the Mat which, by the way, was supposed to be renamed (get this...) Aikido Journal. However, between the two issues where the name change was supposed to take place, Aiki-News became Aiki-Journal. At the Senior Staff meeting we decided, after a very, very long debate about the subject, to change the name to simply AIKIDO It was maybe a year or so later that Aiki-Journal finally became Aikido Journal.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.