View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #20
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: The Restoration of Peace

Quote:
Robert M Watson Jr wrote: View Post
'They' call it infared death ... classically an utter monotonous uniformity on a cosmic scale. Quantum effects put a kink in that idea. Thankfully, our current best understanding of the working of the universe is pathetically unimpressive on the grand scale. Transistors, quantum computing and gravitational lensing is one thing but the fate of the universe is quite another.

In either case if ones conception of reality is contradicted by the current 'standard models' generally they are wrong. Just because Einstein went beyond Newton does not free us to fly around the planet free from the bounds of classical gravitational theory.
One of these days I might actually have to learn physics instead of the half-formed sound-bite-like concepts I've picked up. Infared death is mildly depressing to me. I like the idea that eventually everything will fall back into itself until it compresses back to another Big Bang state. I probably won't get to see it in this life time, but I'm hoping to be reincarnated as a bending robot not unlike this, so that perhaps I can watch it all unfold.
Quote:
Graham wrote:
I go along with O'Sensei. He stated an enlightened view of the universe and that it is perfect and infinite.
Thus it is us who are not so.

This is my view.

Peace.G.
Regardless of the absolute reality, relative to my imperfect and finite mind, it may as well be. It's pretty big, small, and awesome all at the same time.

Quote:
Jim wrote:
The only absolute is that everything is in flux.
"The restless and infinite movements of nature." It's fascinating to see what little I am able to see.
Cheers folks!
Matt

Last edited by mathewjgano : 04-06-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Gambarimashyo!