View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 11:24 PM   #48
hapkidoike
Re: YouTube: Aikido in a real street fight.

Quote:
Salim Shaw wrote: View Post
. . . Officers have the power and the right to kill, if they feel there is immediate, deadly danger. . .
Salim, I take issue with your use of the word 'right' here. Cops have a job, with a job comes resposibilites. Sometimes the police have a responsibility to use deadly force, but they don't have a right to it. They get paid to "serve & protect" the citizenry (I put that in quotes because I rarely see the police serving or protecting anybody, although it does happen). It is an important distinction. If one has a right it is a moral entitlement (right to life, right to libery, etc.). A cop does not have a moral entitlement to 'kill people', although he does have a right to defend himself which may envolve killing folks, and a responsibility to the state (or whatever jurisdiction he works for) to protect the citizenry.

speaking of cop videos I always thought this was a good example of one. Nobody gets hurt and the 'anarchist' achives his goal. I have heard reports that it was staged by the police to give justification for what they ended up doing at the RNC. The police have done that before, at least in Canada.

Later,
Bettis

Ich glaube dass mein Schwein pfeifen.