View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #77
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Ki to the Highway

Quote:
Matthew Story wrote: View Post
If the mind can control the body, why does it need a bridge?
All interconnection of dissimilar objects, energies, or systems need some form of interface that can convert, translate, or bridge the basic protocols of each side to the other - to me, ki serves that purpose between mind and body.

Quote:
They have found other solutions because that one was wrong. I'm not having a conversation here about whether or not human sacrifice is wrong.
You brought up the sacrifice thing not me - I just did not see it as a good analogy because ki/qi is still believed in by most Chinese.

Quote:
The point of the blog post is that I think we do have better solutions. We have physics.
Physics is a science and they had their sciences as well - there is nothing as constant as change, and physics today is different than the physics of yesterday as well as be different tomorrow.

Quote:
How come physicists have never found ki on the electromagnetic spectrum, then?
Not all things in that spectrum were identified from day one - as new things are discovered, they are added - to me, ki could very easily be added in the future.

Quote:
Are you saying that I should be able to stand still, make no physical movement at all, and make you feel "energy movement", just with the use of my mind and will? That sounds like a magic trick, not martial art.
Absolutely, with the proper physical connection - but not just with your mind and will, ki plays a crucial role in that process - been there done that.

Greg