View Single Post
Old 02-21-2001, 03:23 AM   #2
petra
Dojo: samourais,Eindhoven
Thumbs down

Yep, not the thumb though, but my little toe. Amazing how often you use those little digits in day to day life. You only notice them when they are not functioning as they should. But to get back to my little toe, it gut stuck between two tatami mats during a role. (this will probably sound familiar to a lot of people). Big deal, I thought and went on with our warm-up exercises, untill we started our first technique, step, crack, AUTSCH!, the next half hour my foot was under cold flowing water. It got swollen really bad, half my foot got black and blue and the next hour I spent sitting on the sideline.
I am not good at sitting on the sideline, it starts itching, I want to do techniques, not sit and watch. So since my foot was already swollen and coloured, sitting on the sideline would only make it more stiff so I figured some exercise would probably be better. It hurt alot during techniques and I was realy glad we did not do suwari waze(did some nice jumps though). The next few weeks it was sore and fantasticly coloured (black, bleu, purple, green, yellow, the works), but I just went on training like always and got nice compliments from my fellow students on my variation in skin colour . After about 6-8 weeks it did not hurt so bad anymore and I am glad I did not miss any training sessions, although I am alot more careful with my toes when there is no cover on the tatami mats like in my regular dojo (of course this happened during a seminar, these kind of things tend to happen when you least want them to )

Petra

I haven't failed, I have found 10.000 ways that won't work.