View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #75
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: The continued Evolution of Aikido

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Aikido simply needs to adopt internal power / aiki-it is *thee* single greatest advantage, and is all but lost or else exhbited in a diluted state in the art. If it adopts more live training on top of that via jujutsu It will become one of the most powerful arts of the world.
Until it does it will forever be victim of other arts superior technical training, or internal power / aiki approaches.
It's just the way it is. It's really not that complicated.
Everything is a judgement based on the level of understanding of those offering opinions.
Sorry to disagree with you again Dan but that is not my experience at all. I am positively sure internal techniques would better complete our Aikido... However our training and techniques are complete with perhaps that small exception. Our philosophy is that Aikido MUST work against other Martial Arts and for the most part it does...Where in small part it does not we are free to incorporate outside experiences.

It's just that way... It's not really complicated.

Again its' the man not JUST the practice...

Ask my Forearms and the side of my head LOL. I sparred with a much younger TKD guy this weekend...He was good A Solid Base (for TKD) and man his feet were FAST. He bests the majority of folks he spars against using "just" TKD. We had a little cross training session with a few folks from other disciplines and all of them have their strengths and weaknesses technically but nothing beats kicking faster than you can blink your eye LOL

William Hazen