View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #48
David Yap
Malaysia
Re: Making sense of aikido lineage/associations

Thank you, Prof. Goldsbury, for the reply.

As a Malaysian who has been practising Aikikai aikido for the past 15 years, I cannot claim to understand complexities either. My observation about the word "budo" is that it is mainly for lip-service and not to be practised as far as leadership is concerned. I guess by examining the complexities historically, the more passionate students here would probably find the common elements or personalities. I have written to the presidents of AMA (past & present) suggesting that it be made more apolitical and open its memberships to all Aikikai yudansha so that IAF is accessible to all and effectively making AMA a federation. For some reasons, it still remains a very tight-lid group.

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
I visited Malaysia last year and the main aim was to get to know better the IAF-member organization, which has been through a few upheavals recently and needed some urgent support. I think the visit was quite successful.
I was informed that your trip to Malaysia was cancelled at the last minutes due to illness and I was looking forward to attend your classes. Perhaps you will inform us here on Aikiweb about next trip to Malaysia.

Regards

David Y