View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 AM   #199
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: Knife Randori Videos

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
Wouldn't expect it to. No fight that was any where near closely matched does that I've ever seen. I've even seen good boxers humiliated, simply because someone was determined not to play their game. Fortunately, that was not my point, or the point of most people commenting.

We are not asking for clips that "look like aikido", or any other martial art/sport. We are looking for the reasoning behind the exercises, and the building blocks that lead up to the exercises, to train habits that will hold under pressure. To me, at least, that would be one of the main points of using stressfull, non-cooperative training. I simply see none of this, either because I'm too dull, or because it isn't there.

No harm, no foul...until you become insulting about it. And I'm not interested in posting vids of myself doing the same things you are doing...for the same reasons. Because I know my limitations, and the limitations of my training so far, and see no need to parade them in front of the madding crowd.

By the way, cheers to William and Chris for meeting up. That's a good thing...too much gets lost in the digital divide. Please let us know what you learn.

Best,
Ron
Took the words right out of my mouth Ron and said it much better than I could.

No worries about letting everyone know how it all turns out Sometimes the best way to understand folks is to look them in the eye... give them a warm handshake...and truely welcome them as Aiki Brothers & Sisters in the spirit of Love and Harmony.

William Hazen

Last edited by Aikibu : 04-02-2008 at 09:23 AM.