View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #195
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Knife Randori Videos

Quote:
Nothing here looks like stylized aikido, or kali or silat or systema for that matter.
Wouldn't expect it to. No fight that was any where near closely matched does that I've ever seen. I've even seen good boxers humiliated, simply because someone was determined not to play their game. Fortunately, that was not my point, or the point of most people commenting.

We are not asking for clips that "look like aikido", or any other martial art/sport. We are looking for the reasoning behind the exercises, and the building blocks that lead up to the exercises, to train habits that will hold under pressure. To me, at least, that would be one of the main points of using stressfull, non-cooperative training. I simply see none of this, either because I'm too dull, or because it isn't there.

No harm, no foul...until you become insulting about it. And I'm not interested in posting vids of myself doing the same things you are doing...for the same reasons. Because I know my limitations, and the limitations of my training so far, and see no need to parade them in front of the madding crowd.

By the way, cheers to William and Chris for meeting up. That's a good thing...too much gets lost in the digital divide. Please let us know what you learn.

Best,
Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)