View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,266
United Kingdom
Re: Does Anybody Know Whether This Technique Has a Name?

Alberto Italiano wrote: View Post
I stumbled today into this:
Uke is coming towards me with a right handed Yokomenuchi.
I instinctively parry it with my right forearm, lifting his yokomenuchi upward above my head and as I do that I roll my forearm around his and I step forward.
At this point I find his hand trapped under my right armpit and my right forearm behind his elbow (the pressure is in the family of Ikkyos, obviously...).
I exert a minimal pressure with my right forearm against his elbow, adding to it the pressure of my left hand, his hand still trapped under my armpit, and I tenkan.

Uke is on his knees nearly immediately and I find myself placed in a very convenient position.

Has this a name? I stumbled into it acting istinctively and not in a dojo.
Thaank you
Hi, Alberto,
Sounds akin to Rokyuho. Cheers, Joe.
  Reply With Quote