View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 12:26 AM   #20
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
Hi Kevin;

The latter reference I included because it is a good starting point - ie. more references - for those that like that sort of thing. No need to follow them.

I did not say you did not say diet did not have an effect. I was making a comment on cholesterol in general.

What did inspire the post was the claim that the mechanism of cholesterol up-take is not know. Like all science there are questions and when those are answered there will be more questions. However, a lot is known and the first reference is again a good starting point.

I actually did notice the upsurge in the popular press on the "new" findings on cholesterol. The best article I found (by chance) was in Der Spiegel. It was detailed and well written but nothing particularily new. Mind you I recently spent two years working on sex-steroid biosynthesis which involves cholesterol metabolism so it would have been surprising if there had been.

Just to be clear - a certain post may inspire me but I feel no restriction to limit my response to a particular post. I'm assuming more than you and I are reading the thread.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido