View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Response to: It Had to be Felt #4: Arikawa Sadateru: "Please, put your hand Down!

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Bad rules are bad rules. That's why it takes thought. Crazy ones are crazy ones.

Here's an example for you.

Before making such rules apply similar to yourself. Try writing about your experience without reference to the charachter of the person concerned.

If I were to train with your teacher for five minutes and then write about him, calling it my experience, yet proceed to go on about his charachter and what he probably thought etc. then I would expect others who knew him better to correct me if wrong.

Regards.G.
once again, you are missing the points. so far i can see, the only rules that are right are yours, only yours.

Ellis didn't say about not making comment. he said to do it in YOUR OWN THREAD, away from his. if you notice, lots of us not making any comment DIRECTLY ON HIS THREAD.

the other point, is you can post character references based on your direct experience of the person in the subject, as long as, you don't reference the OTHER POSTERS. so go back and compare my stripped down version of Niall post. you will note that the post makes no reference to Ellis stuffs, but still retained what Niall experience, even in opposite that of Ellis.

you can do that to my teacher, even if you only cross hand with him for 10 seconds, as long as you stated that your experience is 10 seconds. i would have no objection whatsoever. and i would post my experience without any reference to your post or to you personally. and folks can read and make their own judgement on both of our experiences and view points.

bottom line, Ellis's Thread follows Ellis rules, bad or good, that are his rules. if you don't like it, you have the freedom to post your own thread and put up your own rules.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org