View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #7
GnosticWarrior
United_States
Re: Aikido Stock Club

Sorry if my thread is written in a self centered, U.S. based manner. It's great to be able to exchange ideas with other people from around the world!

I myself am not a good employee. I don't follow orders well. It's hard if your trying to follow Aikido principles in your daily life and it does not mesh well with your employment. I wish I could find a boss like my former Sensei. Unfortunately, of all the bosses that I have come across in the work field, none were even close in being a person of character and integrity as my Sensei. Although maybe its because I mostly have been a government employee.

That is why I want to try find a way to develop Aikido principles based businesses. A company brings a collective group of people together and pools resources to accomplish an objective. We might be able to simplify that the overall objective is profits, but indirectly to provide goods and services that society needs and/or desires. I think is possible for a business to practice Aikido principles, and yet be competitive enough to be able to provide a decent living for its employees. Do you think there is a way for Aikidokas to organize themselves to do this?