View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #36
DH
United_States
Re: Ki Aikido - quote from Gleason Sensei

I don't have any answers for you on the internet. I'd just make sure it was time well spent. I think a lot of people are trying to throw together a bunch of unrelated training material and hoping for a good outcome. It might prove to be a whole lot of wasted hours spent.
Training intelligently is the first order of business, then how long you do it. If you understand what you are shooting for there are any number of things you can do everyday.
I train while I am driving on long commutes, when I open doors, when I lift a carton of milk, when I go up and down stairs, when I hike, when I lift rocks on my property, when I am answering ridiculous questions from misinformed soccer moms at variance hearings...while feigning my focused attention.
Stolen moments; I have cables attached to a door frame in my office where I can push and pull at break intervals (It beats eating donuts). Now add to that real focused training morning and evenings
Then of course you have actual workouts in the dojo twice a week for 6 hours and visiting other dojos twice a week for four hours at a whack.

Dedication is an interesting thing. If we were getting paid a million bucks to change our bodies; we would find out the who, what, where, why's and when...so fast our heads would spin...and we'd actually do it.
Alas, no million dollars, just the choices we make.
Dan

Last edited by DH : 06-09-2010 at 07:39 PM.