View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #28
dps

Re: Aikido Addictive??

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Oh, I know what you mean. I have a bit of a different feeling about it. For me, aikido is something that's a part of my life, and that helps my life stay in balance. Like today, I'm having a very busy, fairly frustrating, all too verbal and cerebral day, and I'm not happy because I am having to deal with some pretty nasty and passive-aggressive people. When I go to the dojo tonight, I won't have to do any talking or any persuading or deal with any snarky bullshit. I'll be able to just work at something, with no deadline, and whatever improvements I make or understanding I come to will be enough. That's a pretty important thing on days like this.
I agree with Mary. I have made Aikido a part of my everyday life. On the days that I am not at the dojo I practice with my son or by myself.
When I am practicing Aikido I force myself to think of nothing else except the Aikido I am practicing, the enjoyment I receive from Aikido counterbalances things I don't enjoy about everyday life.

Tonight I was at a meeting where one of the members of the committee I am on ticked me off. After the meeting I went to practice and had an extremely difficult time focusing. After forcing myself to concentrate on my practice, I forgot about being angry and enjoyed the rest of my practice. The meeting put me in disharmony and the Aikido practice put me back into my harmony ( A pleasing combination of elements in a whole: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/harmony)

David

Last edited by dps : 02-20-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Go ahead, tread on me.