Old 02-06-2015, 04:20 AM   #45
Tim Ruijs

Dojo: Makato/Netherlands
Netherlands
Re: YouTube: Christian Tissier, 2014

Thanks for your clarification!

Quote:
Bernhard Wardein wrote: View Post
It is all about getting uke to be more and more an equal partner in his developement. On this and other seminars Christian showed how to absorb the usual attemt of shihounage and therefore nage has to change the way of doing. It is ment for very advanced uke following an elaborated developement, adding new qualities and making nage better.
This is precisely what I responded to. There is no difference between aite(uke) and tori(nage) when practising. There is only difference in their role to study the technique. Aite will adapt to the experience level of tori. For beginners this translates to learning the global shape/flow of the technique. On more advanced level aite will help tori less and less, until the point where tori must really take the balance of aite. Aite at the same time will not allow himself to be forced off balance and takes ukemi to prevent loss of balance (i.e. loss of control).

Both aite and tori will (at advanced level) maintain their posture and balance at all times, even when taking ukemi. As aite you should not BE thrown, you escape the technique by taking ukemi.

This aspect seems overlooked by many, many practisioners of Aikido, dare I say Aikidoka's?

In a real fight:
* If you make a bad decision, you die.
* If you don't decide anything, you die.
Aikido teaches you how to decide.
www.aikido-makato.nl