View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #111
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Media Coverage Local Vs Int'l &Ignorance

Quote:
David Chalk wrote: View Post
Mike

Let's start - you read the ENTIRE ARTICLE and see if you can come up with something better that it must be wrong because you don't like it. (I appreciate you believe that to be an objective argument - i don't)
Er.... excuse me, but you're trying to change the discussion from the accuracy of the facts claimed in the movie to disputing whether an article in "The Independent" is an accurate article, regardless of the fact that The Independent doesn't address the basic issues. Pass. You didn't study debate, did you?
Quote:
By the way your 'argument' that the BBC was biased from what I remember was that - there was a report that criticized them for what was in fact accurate reporting. Yes my response was simple enough for you to understand. (That's not the same as trivialising)
Well, a report from within the BBC said it was indeed biased. Period. I posted the URL to it.
Quote:
And finally the programme claimed to discredit global warming - but the basis for claiming it was inaccurate.
Which "basis" was inaccurate? The major point they hung their hat on was that solar radiation correlation synchs accurately with climate change; CO2 levels do not synch because of historical lags in correlation. What part of that have you or The Independent shown to be wrong... or even bothered to discuss? Show me any factual rebuttals? There are none, because at the moment the solar-radiation and cloud-formation data are in the vogue, embarrassingly for the IPCC and the pro-alarmists. But perhaps that will change.. who knows?

The original point was that the press have favored the pro-alarmist side of the argument and have been caught out because of it. All the attacks shy away from discussing the solar-radiation data or the cloud-formation data. So do your "factual arguments". Neil's arguments don't even come close to discussing it.

Regards,

Mike Sigman