View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom
Re: Seishiro Endo Shihan to Washington, DC region, 10/30-10/31/2010

Quote:
Lee Price wrote: View Post
" don't know of anybody in England who has studied under Endo sensei in Japan - I know somebody who has travelled to see him many times when he's in Europe, though..."

Hya Graham

I`ll just say a quick hello...I`m English (from Up North near Sheffield : ) and have spent most of the last 10 years here in Japan, and the last 4 at Endo Sensei`s home dojo in Saku....still out here at the moment though.
There are international seminars here a couple of times a year and we get a lot of visitors from Finland/Germany/The States etc but unfortunately hardly anyone, if no one from the UK.
One English lady comes up occasionally for these seminars from Osaka but she`s also based here in Japan.

Of people currently in the UK I`m guessing Cath Davies has probably had the most contact with this style, though 1 or 2 people from the Midlands/Manchester area I think have also travelled into Europe.

Anyway hope this helps, maybe sometime when I head back we can meet up if your in the same kind of area.

Kindest regards

Lee
Hi Lee,

I have been contemplating the possibility of going to live in Japan for time, with the aim of immersing myself in high-level aikido training - ideally at the feet of Endo sensei, if that is possible.
Right now i'm just trying to get my life together after finishing my degree, so it's nothing more than a vague idea at the moment - but perhaps we'll end up meeting in Japan...maybe i'll be able to go over just for one of the international seminars - or to catch him in Germany next summer.

Thanks a lot for the message. I'll talk to some people I know (I train in the Manchester area), and see what they think/know; I certainly don't wish to impose on Ms Davies before doing so.
I would like it very much if you were to let me know when you come back to England, and we could train together.
What grade are you - if you don't mind my asking? Where have you trained in England?

Sincerely

- Graham