Thread: Chen Bing Clip
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #9
DH
United_States
Re: Chen Bing Clip

Because for the most part throwing a grappler at first touch is by and large B.S.!
Wth a trained grappler; who is gong to move, adjust and change with every pulse he can feel or create himself-you grab whatcha can, when ya can. It can be fast, it can take some work. And I'd suggest never, ever assuming they are meat heads with flexed muscle.
Personally I think experienced Judo/jujutsu/wrestlers are the most underplayed MA'ers in the world. On any given day I'd put money on them against anyone.
I put the Chen clip #3 up is to show potentials. I think the kid looks good. I also thought the grappler wasn't doing much at all. If you go to you tube and look at push hands #1, and #2 you will se he was more or less doing the same thing over and over. In #3 he showed the set up and the throw. It's a demo, it ain't a fight..

Personally, I continue to separate the arguments ; MMA , and internal power as I did the former before the later, and remain a fan of both. I'm a broken record that way.
1. One side of me talks about internal power / aiki and that it is the best potential in the world in the martial arts. And it is thee single greatest advantage failing all else.
2. The other side of me would bet against an "internal art" up against a good MMA guy. As I said while it is a massive advantage, it can be overcome. One needs to be level headed about these things.

So why not marry the two?

Last edited by DH : 08-21-2008 at 09:48 AM.