View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #41
Conrad Gus

Dojo: Eclipse Budo
Canada
Re: Online Decline?

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
Please clarify. You agree with the character assassination done by Francis Takahashi? Or don't like me calling him on it? He stated there were people who were demeaning, etc, etc who forced him to step back from Aikiweb. Until they are forced to be "good", he won't return. Obviously he means people here now. So, I would like to know who these low life's are that he has painted as disrespectful, demeaning, and use disgusting tactics. He used those words to attack someone or someone's character. I think since he brought it up, he should explain who these people are.

Everyone says they want peaceful conversations ... Funny how it's okay to portray current Aikiweb members as demeaning, disgusting, etc and be held up on a pedestal for it - all the while calling for reigi sa ho.

And Jun wholeheartedly agrees... *sigh*
I thought it was pretty obvious that Takahashi Sensei means anyone who exhibits the kind of behavior he was pointing out. He didn't name names or pick out groups, because the comment was meant to apply generally to both past and future discussions.

Of course anyone could, if they wanted to, go back to previous threads and find any number of obvious examples. Everything is archived, so there is nothing for the perpetrators to hide behind.

Incidentally, Takahashi Sensei used the words "disrespectful rhetoric, demeaning dialogue", which doesn't equate to calling people "lowlife". By carelessly twisting his words you are providing an example of what he is talking about. Let's just avoid doing that to each other.

Conrad