View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
3girls
Dojo: WestCoast Aikido
United_States
Aglimpse into the window of no technique

so often I hear sensei speak of letting technique happen allow uke to step into the hole, concentrate on taking balance and attacking uke's center and technique will happen by it self. Well I understand these concepts completely but at sankyu I still think for the most part balance break technique which is natural and will improve with time. Wednesday I got to randori with sensei which is great I love it. So we begin and I am my usual technique oriented self and after a while I settle down and concentrate on relaxing and trying to just trying to keep getting off balance,feel for some slack recover and attack again or take ukemi. Then from out of the blue I really feel energy build and normally I get excited celebrate to soon and well you know the rest. This time I just relaxed and just followed the energy, the truly amazing part was this was setting up uke for a mae otoshi again I did not rush into it or force the technique. As I was stepping and getting ready to float ukes center I felt a little shift of energy back into me sensei's energy shifting back into me . At this time I hear him say "Ohhhh you almost got it" I hip switched and he fell into shihonage. Please do not take this as bragging as it is intended just to share. By no means do I believe I have elevated my aikido to any new level it is just for a big guy like me who is trying hard to learn small man aikido and learn feel and touch and leave behind power and strength was a momentous occasion.