View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #15
Joseph Madden
Canada
Re: Does anyone truly "learn" anything at a seminar?

Quote:
Philip Burgess wrote: View Post
WOW, that sounds like a slap in the face with a bunch of sour grapes, it caught my attention. My question is why?

My comment
What is the alternative for those like me who could and do learn something. Who do become more educated from such experiences, like being able to take part in the process of a fine work. For example, how many Rock musicians would sell their souls at the chance to study under a great guitarist. Please don't under value such an experience for those like me who appreciate the opportunity. Aikido "stars" are far more generous then Rock and Roll stars.

What I learn isn't reduced down only to the mechanics of technique. You can learn allot from a person if your open to it.
So, your going to learn how to play like a great rock guitarist at a seminar?
Remember, we are talking about a SEMINAR. And, if you paid attention to my original post you will see that I state that meeting new people is great. I'm not saying that they aren't fun. I'm stating that if you want to truly learn something of any great significance, you won't find it at a seminar. Becoming great at aikido requires more than being merely a fan.

OSU
And if you felt that having a shihan threaten your life as something significant and worthwhile, than......