View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 08:20 AM   #37
MM
United_States
Re: Ki, Aiki, Aikido. The 'internal stuff' that never left Aikido

Quote:
Mike Haft wrote: View Post
I'd also add to this one by Mark that concerning Akuzawa. I've been watching the youtube vids of him whilst eating my lunch. They are essentially equivalent to ki-soc exercises (no surprise there then nwhen you consider lineages and all that). They are just using and practicing these skills in a different environment with different emphasis. Ki Society dojo and those related to that family of aikido should be able to teach you these things. They also teach them as separate ki classes so you would have no need to practice aikido waza to 'get it' if you don't like aikido waza. You can always use them in your preferred MA in any way you see fit.

Mike
*sigh* Mike, do you realize what you're conveying in your post?

Just as you have called Dan on lumping all Aikido people together, you have done the same thing in speaking for all Ki Society dojos. (Unless, of course, you've personally been to all of them and can vouch for them?)

Don't forget that you've watched a video of the Aunkai and determined that you know exactly what they're doing such that you can relate it to what you're doing. Eh? The Aunkai works on internal training, but from a video you can tell that "They are just using and practicing these skills in a different environment with different emphasis"?

Personally, It comes across as if you know exactly what Dan and Rob are doing without ever training with them. Not sure if that's what you are trying to convey.

Mark