View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #190
R H
Dojo: Shinkaikan Medford Oregon
United_States
Re: Using ki-skills for "aiki" in Daito-Ryu

Mike, my tests specifically exclude any possibility for timing to come into play (have you tried them?) Please do, and discover what I am referring to. I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying and I have misunderstood you on a symantic level (I don't think I am right now though).

You most definately do not need timing to make basic skills work. Kuroda doesn't use timing for what he is doing in the video you linked. We are in agreement here.

I do not claim to have secrets (nor have I). I am merely saying that the curriculum of Daito-ryu training is secret and it is not for me to talk about publically. I don't think I know very much at all - did you infer that I thought I did. I have no rank as there is none in our dojo, nor do I have the right or even attempt to represent my ryu-ha. I have a long ways to go, and I make (have made) no claims to the contrary.

Regarding my ground strength skills, they may well be way off base. I might be in utter confusion about everything we are doing and walking in the dark, but if you recall, I stated from the outset that I am no authority and to take my two cents with a huge bag of salt. What I meant by precise posture may not be what you think, as what I meant by it would allow for sitting, laying down, bending over, standing, etc (shizentai).

Regarding secrets, The fact is that a great deal of Koryu are secretive. The reasons for this vary, and they are not all ill-intentioned. I am not a teacher and They are not my secrets, so I am not trying to kid anyone or paint some big image of myself. I came here merely to clear up some misunderstandings about some of the teachers that are taking flak here without good cause. You asked me to participate in a discussion here, and I did my best to within the restrictions that I have agreed to with my ryu-ha. Half-assed never works and I should have known that from the start.

Thanks for the discussion.
I appreciate what you are trying to do. I think your path is a good one. Please keep it up.

Regards,
Richard

Last edited by R H : 01-18-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: clarification