View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #27
Matusiam
Dojo: Chishin Dojo
England
Re: IP : videos, explanations and hopefully more

@Dave de Vos :

I do understand that you are following Mr Dan. But have you tried maybe to check what Mr Mike is teaching ? I haven't maybe stated it clear before, but I did get to experience the exercises from both of the mentioned IS teachers (I never met any of them in person). I just didn't want anyone to think that I'm a know it all, so I started my first thread slowly. Hence the reason why I was asking you about how do the exercises from Mr Dan work for you. I personally found them very hard and unclear on what should I be doing. Intent based exercises are not something I can deal with unless its tennis (something my body is familiar with). When you start that kind of training you need simple to follow exercises that can be explained to a 10 year old. With simple instructions from Mr Mike after 10 minutes it is possible for anyone to create and maintain a simple groundpath - which as far as I know is the total basic of IS. Obviously you need to practice and practice to be able to deal with more load (stronger push / pull). This is also the experience of people from my club - so I think I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Please don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to say that Mr Dan is not good or something among these lines - My point here is that I found Mr Mike explanations logical and clear. Maybe to understand what Mr Dan is teaching you need to be semi-advanced with IS in the first place.

I hope this post is clear and I do apologize for the confusion at the beginning.