View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #18
Stephen Kotev
United_States
Re: Toby Threadgill at Aikido of Northern Virginia, October 16 - 17

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
Well, is anyone gonna give a brief synopsis?

I must admit that after the last seminar I went to with Toby I was driving home wondering if there was something wrong with me. Totally screwed up back, torn ligament in the knee, and I was still out there letting this guy with the residual Texas drawl and funny stories toss me around... And each time I thought I should bow out and put ice on miscellaneous body parts he'd do something else that I'd think "nah, I've gotta feel that to believe it..." And sure enough...

When my wife got home and saw me on the couch with a heating pad on my back and an ice pack on my knee all she said is "I take it you enjoyed the seminar..."

Keith,

I totally relate to that. I tore my Achilles tendon at the start of the year and I'll be off the mat till April 2010 at the earliest. I had a great time with Toby last year and I was really disappointed I could not attend this year's seminar.

I too signed up for the "It has to be felt" TSYR course during last year's seminar and it was a ton of fun! (I think I need to have my head examined when 'fun' translates into being kneed in the ribs and simultaneously choked out.)

So my promise to myself is to be healthy enough to be back on the mat and next year to ‘do it all over again.'

All the Best,
Stephen