View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #79
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain
Re: Thank you Tony Wagstaffe

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Demetrio:

Finding some sensible guidelines for people to follow is more than reasonable. Within budo we call that "Reigi." When a poster is being intentionally disrespectful and insulting, the results of responding in kind results in a warning from Jun (I know, I have collected them from time to time). This tends to then result in a plethora of passive-aggressive comments that destroy the threads from the focus on the topic.

I agree with your basic premise of "fight back," which is why I have privately and publicly asked Jun to provide some direct feedback, guidelines, etc. so that the responder to the insults and disrespectful comments is not punished as if it was an equal treatment. I do not believe that a person responding to an attack should be equally punished for striking back. I do believe in the concept of justifiable force in responding to attacks.
Hi Marc,

I don't think responding in kind (as insulting back) is the best method for giving a troll a good and deserved e-asskickin'. If Jun approves said e-asskicking or not is his prerrogative. If the result is being banned, well, deal with it.

What I dislike is people prone to "Oh noes, you are offending me!!!", whining, going passive-aggresive (but polite) and asking Jun to deal with the offender.

Quote:
This is Jun's territory in which he can do as he pleases.
Of course.

Quote:
I frankly like a spirited debate on all matters as long as it is done within the bounds of appropriate conduct. This is hard to define and hard to stay within for certain people. That is unfortunate.
Agree, but this how people are.

Quote:
Overall, I have privately and publicly commended Jun on doing a very good job in balancing this task.
Considering how weird akidoka are, he's doing a good job. However, IMO, I think he accepts a lot of sillyness as long is written in a politre manner

@Mary
Quote:
...and the whole forum degerates into a slagfest. Is it so hard to understand why this is not desirable?
It depends on the posters. If they love the place, they will take care of it.

Last edited by Demetrio Cereijo : 03-25-2011 at 12:00 PM.