View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #154
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: Internal Power Development Methods

Well Ushiro talked/coached me on the issue of intent/focus a fair amount...it is difficult but for him it had alot to do with the eyes. Nothing I had not been told before for sure. your intent must move prior to your body moving as a unit/core. There is alot more to it than that though...lol.

I think the whole one point thing is way over simplistic and not very helpful for me....there are "feelings", proprioceptions etc in the body that need to be developed...that is one thing...then having the ability through myofascial structure to be able to take command of your body and move.

I think alot of us, myself included figured that you can think your way through this..that is focus on one point or think about not firing or relaxing certain parts of your body that you don't wan to move. It ain't that easy I am finding.

Ushiro could coach me to get everything right through a series of "set ups" and conditions and then coach me to move correctly. It was cool, but remembering how to do this on my own is a challenge now.