View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #1834
lars beyer
Dojo: Copenhagen Aikishuren Dojo
Denmark
Re: Aikido does not work at all in a fight.

Quote:
Dalen Johnson wrote: View Post
Perhaps... but you do not need Aikido to reach the state of mind you mentioned, though it indeed can be an integral part of the path to reach that point.

I know with my Aikido and Eckhart I reached the same conclusion as you.

But to make it out as anything past that... as for actual 'skill' in the given scenario, is just a disservice for those who are looking at it in such a way - which many people are.

Peace

Dalen

p.s.

The good part with BJJ is you can be an old fart and have legit skills that if you wanted you could truly play around and even use if needed - though with the mindset you and I are going after you may be less inclined for the latter.

With Aikido as it currently is, you basically are within a defined box with no flexibility - if you wanted to try out a game of chess with others who dont already know your moves it wouldnt work for you as it would not be cooperative. [Yes, there is even cooperative resistance that builds up some strange habits that can take people by surprise when you try something different to what they are used to.]
Hi, I confused your message with another one in the hurry ! I have contacted the administrator to be able to edit my response to your message, I donīt find my answer aprobiate ! Sorry !
Peace
Lars