View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #639
GeneC
United_States
Re: The continued Evolution of Aikido

Quote:
Ron Ragusa wrote: View Post
This is a correct usage of the term evolve since the combative form of the arts referred to are being altered in a fundamental ways that will result in wholy separate species of each.
But wait, I just can't accept if that just because you change one thing in a MA, that alone makes it a whole different "species" nor that that specifically defines evolve.

Quote:
Ron Ragusa wrote:
WADR to Phong Dong Dang and Lynn Seiser, I believe the usage of 'do' is being incorrectly employed. There are many 'do' arts that are not sporting activities (Chado, the Way of tea, Kado, the Way of flowers, Shodo, the Way of writing to name a few). Therefore I have to respectively disagree with Gene's conclusion that 'do' means evolving to a sport when, in fact, 'do' translates to Way and implies
???? Dr Sieser incorrectly, misusing a term??? How do you know those "do's" aren't being competed?

Quote:
Ron Ragusa wrote:
Applying the same usage of evolve as in the above paragraph I'd have to disagree since Aikido retains the characteristics of a martial art and is clearly not a separate species from Aiki-jutsu.
Ron
So you're saying Aikido and Aiki-jutsu is the same thing? That can't be right.

Only between a single breath is Yin/Yang in harmony
Emotion is pure energy flowing feely thru the body-Dan Millman