View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #90
DH
United_States
Re: Internal Power Development Methods

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
And thanks, Dan, for the thoughtful response. All is well, here - great, even. My son turned one last month and everyone's healthy and happy.
Good times ahead for you eh?
Quote:
I get the frustration with "authority" being placed in some viewpoints versus others - but I'm hoping that with time, if the brewing factions can be prevented from getting too toxic, that "authority" continues to be based on people getting out and more and more people being "vetted" by as objective a set of criteria as possible. At this point, it seems few enough people have been "vetted" and the objective criteria (and I really am not talking about "feats", because they ought to be a "result" of good training, methinks, rather than the end goal as I've witnessed the case to be at times) is still being somewhat defined . .
Maybe I didn't state my points well.
1. I don't think anyone of the "experts" I have read, seen on film, or met (on the Japanese side of things) *qualifies* as an authority on IP/ aiki. They're simply not good enough. So reading "recommendations" about others from any of the "amateurs" being currently "looked up to" is simply hilarious to me. I include myself here, and its why I refuse to make suggestions other than to get out and feel and test everyone.
2. Of course each guy is going to vett certain people according to his own past experience and after feeling "so and so." Of course!! It's what we have always done, it's all we can do. But it doesn't make them an authority, either. I think we should just let it be what it is; a vetting process and...THE HONEST SEARCH AND SHARING, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN.

That way no one is constantly trying to one-up someone else, no one is getting information than lying about the source; it's just straight talk and straight training.

Quote:
And even if you do opt out publicly from things, I think there's plenty of debt owed to your participation and putting discussions of IS on the frontburner (in addition to following up to meet people, etc.) that it's not going to be overlooked even as, hopefully, we all collectively move forward.

Best Regards,
Budd
I meant opting out on giving instructions on the net. I am supporting teachers on a weekly basis, and next month I am teaching another national "Teachers only" seminar for a Karate style. I am not opposed to helping, but in person it's just more honest and straight, and teachers have the best chance of getting the information out there with approved training time in their dojo's.
Cheers
Dan

Last edited by DH : 10-27-2009 at 01:00 PM.