View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
wxyzabc
England
Re: Ueshiba the monomaniac?

Hya Mark

I'll say something. All the people you have pointed to are deceased. I don't think there's a person on this forum that met any of them, so we can only listen to the words of others and trust their judgement...rightly or wrongly. That said if you are looking at Ueshiba he didn't exactly live a balanced life in the way that most would understand...nor did Sagawa from what I understand. Ueshiba didn't have a job and it seems he often spent his days in supplication.

I'm not going to make a judgement on that but it's not what most want is it now?.

I do know what can happen with aiki training gone wrong. It doesn't always produce a wonderful person and can lead to all manner of problems? my previous comments were to highlight that things can go wrong, they have and will again if people don't take care.

There's now some 10,000,000 people practising aikido...are you Mark going to take responsibility for them? especially when you've been telling them all kind of mistruths about a country I don't believe you have spent much time in?

It may seem a bit nasty, but then do you have a fully connected body and know what it really takes to get there so can speak with any kind of authority? just interested....

All the best

Lee
p.s. I don't take kindly to having my words requoted and connected to other people I didn't address.