View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #33
"AnonymusGuy"
IP Hash: 4cd256f1
Anonymous User
Re: Problems in a dojo

Quote:
Anonymous User wrote: View Post
Sounds like a golden opportunity to practise aikido in its most difficult form, i.e. verbal aikido I recommend Terry Dobson's book aikido in everyday living for ideas.
Thanks for advice .... I'll try to get that book.

Quote:
If you are having trouble putting a technique on, ask the person for feed back, what did it feel like or what you are doing wrong ? It doesn't matter what grade you ask, as even a novice might be able to give you an insight into what the problem is.
I found that when I was practicing with it was much easier to find out where my mistakes are since they don't expect thechnique...

Quote:
All I'll say about the Sensei thing is that any sensei worth his salt would do the opposite, and encourage their students to learn from different instructors.
I heard that every instructor has something special he can teach his students, and following only one teaching would be some sort of a limitation... wouldn't it?

Quote:
Re the "lesson" with the girl, I interpreted that paragraph as that you deliberately did the pin to teach the girl a lesson. Even though you did the techniques without malice it indicates perhaps some level of arrogance. Of course it maybe just the way you have written it as English is not your native language. Something maybe (or maybe not) to think about.
Maybe I put it a bit wrong in my previous post about that girl. She was former karate student (black belt) and she was the one that was a bit arrogant; Every time when someone tried to explain her some technique she was always reacting in a "leave me alone I already know this" manner... and at the end every class she would intentionally get in a way and disturb us while we were folding our hakamas (for example she would intentionally step on it or pull those cords used to tie hakama and disturb our work), and when we asked her not to do it she wouldn't listen, or even threaten us with her karate skill.