View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #175
Gary David

United_States
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Folks
This has gone on way to long........it went on way to long last time.........

There are any number of folks on here that push back hard against the idea of the training that Dan is providing.......some of these folks are within hours of where Dan lives, some are within miles of locations that Dan visits regularly doing workshops.....and will not take the opportunity to see what is going on..........

Now if you have never wondered what was on the other side of the fence, across the street, down the road or on the other side of town....then you don't need what Dan is offering.....

If you let what you see as Dan's hard to take personality keep you away (which is not the case in reality) then you are better off staying you own back yard...you really didn't want to know anyway.....

If you think that you can already do that and don't need to verify or validate your personal understanding then you don't need to visit Dan or feel what he is doing.........

If you have never questioned your instructor (no matter who he or she may be)...that is wondered about some aspect of what they were doing...if you could stop it or jam it up or counter it....then you don't need what Dan is offering....

If you don't have 5 or more years to just explore this.......just to retrain you body out of the bad habits it has now......then you don't need Dan.........

(Heck....I am not sure I will live long enough to get a solid understanding and then integrate it in to the other components that make up the whole....)

NOW....

If you have ever tried to look through a crack in the fence, tried to cross the street or take the bus to get to the other side of town.......then you need to check out what Dan is offering.....

If you have wondered while taking those falls for your instructor....Then you need to go check out Dan.....

If self-discovery is not quick enough or it has stalled....then go check out Dan.......

CONSIDER......Dan has not even started training on the other components.....or on Aiki....come on out...may he will get to it.......

CONSIDER.....Dan has not displayed his IP (and other components) through techniques.....he is not teaching from that perspective.....come on out...may he will get to it........

CONSIDER....in my 38 years at this art I have only personally gotten touches on what Dan is providing and talking to from 3 of the major players in post war Aikido...Two have passed on and one is still teaching. I got clues that several others were in this group, but I didn't feel it or see it displayed in a recognizable way.

REMEMBER....... you can replace Dan's name with number of others and get a start at this......

THOUGH in the end, for those of you that won't come and take a chance....but continue to carp.......I will refer to a quote from an old movie "Gone With the Wind"

Rhett Butler: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
[Rhett walks off into the fog]

have a good day......
Gary

Last edited by Gary David : 05-29-2012 at 02:45 PM.